Attention masters of rhythm
Please sign up soon here. If we can get at least 18 confirmed entrants we will close off the store for a couple of hours to host an in house tournament the same day.
If you have any questions:
Anyone who plays through The Gallery – Episode 2: Heart of the Emberstone at Spaces VR before August 31 will get two free hours of VR. This experience showcases the limitless potential of virtual reality as a story telling medium. Your character is a Vancouver Islander that finds himself on a far off planet after following a trail of breadcrumbs left by his sister. As the story unfolds, you will explore a gorgeous virtual world, encounter fantastical creatures, and wield super powers. There are loads of puzzles to solve and a mystery to unravel, and the rewards for success are big beautiful visuals and the next segment of a compelling story.
We want to share this experience and are offering two free hours to anyone who plays through from beginning to end at Spaces VR by August 31. Most people should be able to finish in 3-4 hours, especially if you pay close attention to the story and in-game hints. You do not have to play through all at once, we will save your game for you so that you can pick up where you left off on your next visit.
Successful Challengers must:
- Let Spaces VR staff know they are taking the challenge
- Play through the entire game at Spaces VR by 31 August 2018
- Accept the risk that their progress may be lost due to software/hardware/human malfunctions
We are making some exciting additions to our lineup as we head into May, and also letting go of some of our less popular experiences. Click on the images below to see some gameplay footage.
Last week we added Elven Assassin, an archery wave shooter that is already proving to be a hit. While the single player game is fun in itself, multiplayer is straight up addictive. Slaying orcs, giant trolls, and dragons has never been this fun, except when they fight back with flying axes and hellfire. Duck!
Skyfront VR is another multiplayer game we are adding this week. Strap on your flight suit to battle it out in a variety of floating arenas. This is a great experience for anyone not satisfied with ground travel.
Also up this week is Loco Dojo, a whacky multiplayer game that pits players against each other in a series of silly mini-games as they progress through Grand Sensei’s Table of Trials. This is a fantastic game for all ages.
Stand Out Battle Royale VR is coming May 1. This game puts you on a massive Island with up to 30 other fighters who all want to be the last player standing in this winner-takes-all combat simulator. You will need to arm yourself with some of the many weapons that are scattered about the island if you want to survive the mayhem. Are you the one?
Experiences that we will be saying goodbye to, at least for now, include Raw Data, Island 359, Onward, and Quivr.
Hey everybody, and welcome to Spaces VR’s quick-guide for Project Cars 2. Watch the video above or read the article below to discover how to get the most out of your time in one of our VR cockpits.
To navigate the menus in VR you use a gaze-controlled cursor. Just look at the menu item you want to select and then press the select button. From the Quick Play menu on the opening screen, Custom Race is the place to start unless you are a seasoned driver ready to compete online. Everything that follows is about setting up the right Custom Race for you.
By choosing a motorsport preset, you can whittle down the track and vehicle options, so this should be your first major decision. You can choose from categories including rallycross, open wheeler, and road. If you are keen on using the stick shift then you should consider road, or GT because these categories offer the greatest selection of cars with the traditional manual transmission.
After selecting you car it is time to choose a track. If you chose your motorsport first, then you will only be presented with tracks appropriate to that category. From here you should decide on race settings, session settings, opponent settings and rules and regulations. These settings are straightforward, so take a look and adjust them to suit your preference. We recommend that you turn rules and regulations off if you just want to have some fun without worrying about penalties for cutting corners or hitting other cars.
Hit Start and you are almost ready to race. From the pit you can select Options to do some final tweaking. Now would be the time to adjust transmission settings. Click on controls, then scroll down to gearing. Manual gearing with an automatic clutch is the setting for using paddle and sequential shifters. Choose manual gearing and turn the automatic clutch off to use a stick shift. Hit back twice and get ready to START YOUR ENGINE. Happy racing.
Customers who would like to join Spaces VR’s membership program can sign up now for free. Benefits include a members-only stamp card (every ninth hour is free), first dibs on weekly specials, and updates on changes to our lineup of VR experiences. You can signup by clicking here, or during your next visit. See you at Spaces!
Our 15-day frequent player special ended in February, but we are still offering our customers a chance to play VR for the same amazing price. All room-scale spaces and our new VR cockpits will be just $15 per space per hour from 1pm to 5pm Monday to Friday. This weekday afternoon special will run through June 30. We have also lowered our regular weekday prices to $21 per hour for one space and $18 per hour for two or more (spaces/hours).
All of these prices also apply to our VR cockpits, which you will be able to reserve starting March 1. Sim racing has never been this real! Book your seat today by calling us during business hours at 250-871-1484, or e-mailing email@example.com. Online bookings should start from Mid-march.
Over the coming days and weeks we will be adding new room-scale and seated experiences. Stay tuned for details.
Spaces VR’s grand opening event is on Saturday December 2nd from 1pm to 5pm. Everyone who drops by gets a free virtual reality demo, a 25% off coupon, and can enter a draw to win a Spaces Six Pack (6 hours of VR). See you here!
Spaces VR opens for the first time ever today! We have six HTC Vive virtual reality systems hooked up to PCs loaded with a bunch of great games and experiences:
- In Space Pirate Trainer you will duck and dodge laser blasts from waves of enemy drones as you wield blasters and a shield to take them out. Add in a fantastic soundtrack and this experience is a total rush!
- Superhot VR is for everyone who ever loved re-enacting slow-motion action scenes (guilty as charged). You will take cover, dodge bullets, knives, and fists, and kung-pow bad guys (who are made out of glass) into oblivion as you make your way through this insanely addictive experience!
- Job Simulator puts you in a whacky future ruled by robots. This experience highlights just how engrossing virtual reality can be. You can interact with everything around you as you fulfill the endless challenges issued by your robot bosses. Kids (and adults) absolutely love this experience!
- The Gallery: Call of the Starseed is one of the most beautiful and immersive VR experiences available. Its creators, Cloudhead Games, are based out of Qualicum Beach! You will have to solve several engaging puzzles as you journey through this amazing virtual world packed with all kinds of interactive objects. Don’t forget to pick up and test out everything!
- The Brookhaven Experiment: This game will test your nerves like no other (definitely not for young kids). Equipped with a flashlight and weapons, you will have to fend off zombies coming at you from all directions. The real challenge is stopping yourself from ripping off you VR headset as you try to escape the nightmare. This is definitely one for Halloween!
- We have more too! Come to Spaces VR to check it all out. Book Now to Experience it Here.
Virtual Reality Arcade Associates – growth field, high-tech, fun job
Apply today if getting paid to help people enter another reality appeals to you.
Spaces VR aims to provide the best spaces for an immersive virtual reality experience at a reasonable price. We are opening our first arcade in October, and offer employees access to the latest virtual reality technology and a chance to have fun on the job.
We seek energetic individuals to join our team as Spaces VR Associates. Associates’ primary responsibility will be ensuring guests have a seamless experience while visiting Spaces VR. Most shifts will be from three to eight hours long during weekday evenings and on weekends. Pay will start from $11.50 per hour.
Our location in Bayview Plaza at 29th and Cliff in Courtenay is accessible via public transportation.
Why you should apply today
- Fun job in a quickly growing field
- Opportunity to work with high-end VR systems
- Flexible hours
Spaces VR is taking applications now, and will be contacting candidates to arrange interviews over the next few weeks. Training will start by October 15 to prepare staff for a late October opening.
To apply, please e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) a one-page resume and a cover letter (up to 250 words) that addresses a topic such as:
1) Excellent customer service
2) A VR-related project that you would like to pursue
3) Something you would like to be able to experience in virtual reality